So, i got bored this morning, and hoping to make my day off from work count, I decided to fire up Red Dead Redemption again.
I got about 2 hours in, and everything was going just fine. Then, apparently, I pissed the virtual strong arm of P.E.T.A. off.
I know that some times games are a reflection of society. As well, a person's actions in said games are a reflection of their personality. However, I promise this is not the case. I love animals and I hate the idea of senseless and torturous deaths of animals.
Despite my real life love of animals, I kicked a dog.
I don't know what possessed me to do it. I mean, I have never kicked a dog in real life. It may be the allure of a virtual environment where you can get away with anything. I learned quickly that you can get away with just about anything.
I had just completed a mission where I had to follow a mutt on a town patrol(how degrading is that?) and my curiosity got the best of me. I kicked the damn thing and it and his buddy starting to attack me. So, I kicked them a couple more times trying to get them to go away. That did not work. So, I pulled out my pistol and fired a few shots in the dirt, thinking that it would scare them away like it would in real life. That didn't work either. The damn things kept on attacking me, so, I stabbed one of them.
That rewarded me with a $5 dollar bounty. The crap part was that I didn't have time to holster weapon and surrender, so the lawmen SHOT ME TO DEATH!
I promptly shut off the XBox and said "f@#$ that". I may give the game another shot later on, but damn... a dog? They shot me over a dog!?!
Games are getting too realistic nowadays...
No comments:
Post a Comment