So I finally got Red Dead Redemption. This little bastard has been the talk of all my forums and every other gaming news article I have read in the last 2 months.
I got the game with a bundle. It wasn't in the bundle, but I got it when I got my new Xbox 360 because I knew that I NEEDED this game. At least, that is what all the my gaming websites have been telling me.
I am about thirty minutes to an hour into the game. I don't like it. I know, I think I may be the only person within 5,000 miles that has said that yet. I mean, it has potential. However, I don't want to play a game with potential when I have two tried and tested franchises sitting in front of me(Halo 3 and Forza 3).
The thing that is getting me is that I was expecting "Grand Theft Horse". I thought this game would give the same option to run and cause mayhem in little prairie towns like I have grown accustomed to in Liberty City. I was wrong. It is very much a linear story line with a greater possibility of getting lost between checkpoints.
I intend on trying it out again here shortly, but until Forza looses it's luster, it is just going to sit on the desk until I am bored enough to try it.
NeHi
No comments:
Post a Comment